New Year, new blog. I usually prefer to take good resolutions in september, but this January month happens to be very special for me. Here are a few of those that will hopefully have their place on this blog. In 2011, I hope I will:
- Find my style. I wish there were a slightly less naive formulation, but that’s exactly what this is about; I have more clothes than I need but they’re never the right ones, at the right time : too large, not matching, or simply not me. In one year, I would like my close ones to see me coming and say “Hey, this is Carlotta, dressed like Carlotta, and it looks good!”. One the same subject, I’d like to learn a bit more about make up and hairdo.
- Improve my sewing skills. Directly related to former point. I’m a messy, lazy half-beginner with no will to challenge myself, and it’s more than time to use the lovely patterns and fabric that currently occupy my parisian flat. More about that soon.
- Learn about photography. Not only could this happen to be useful in my professional field, but I would like to learn about photomontage, a family tradition.
- Document my daily life. Because I will never find my style, improve my sewing skills or practice photography if I cannot put all of that somewhere where I can look back at it and learn from my mistakes!
- Keep playing music. Beginning to learn ukulele is definitely one of the best things I’ve done in 2010.
- Keep being curious. Whereas curious, I’ve been lazy and especially shy for too long. I hope this blog will support this, too.
So, 2011 here I come!